HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TD Headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: TD Headlights Reply with quote

Hi.
i got a '79 TD SL/X Gemini and i am wanting to put higher wattage globes in my headlights. I have just realised that they are a sealed beam headlight.

Does anyone know a headlight that will fit in perfect and looks the same (i like the look of the headlight) and i can change the globe.

All comments appreciated

Will
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights Reply with quote

I've often wondered the same thing, whether there were aftermarket headlights to replace the current units. I'd be surprised if there was though :/

Think I've already resigned myself to making do with some bolt on driving lights, figured I could carefully chop away some of the gill to fit em in Smile
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights Reply with quote

if u have an old shitty pair of td headlights, u can cut the old bulb out and silastic h4 globes into place, heaps brighter and plug straight up to the original loom,(has been done) like i said, please make sure there an old pair of td headlights, hard to come by a good pair of td lights theses days, as rare as rocking horse shit.
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights Reply with quote

i've done this and never looked back. fantastic little trick! i silastic'd the bulb mount from a vt commodore headlight onto a pair of shitty td ones. don't be overwhelmed by the idea. it is piss easy. i was a bit scared at first thinking that i'd stuff my lights (this is why you'd use shitty ones) but was / am stoked with the final product.

greg.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights, not rare atm... Reply with quote

You can still buy TD headlights brand spankers, over $200 a piece though. Inventive trick with converting the old ones.
Dracko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights Reply with quote

ok, how would i cut the old crap out without stuffing the lens or something?

btw, these are the rectangle lights. don't have any others, just the ones on the car now. actually in good condition, just crap light output.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights, not rare atm... Reply with quote

A wreckers in Melb is selling them for $35 each, brand new. I got a pair last month. They used to be called Sigmawreck, I forgot their new name.

Ben Wight
Dracko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights, not rare atm... Reply with quote

are they sealed beem though?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: TD Headlights, not rare atm... Reply with quote

Yes they are sealed beam, all TD headlights are sealed beam unless you brake them of course.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: