HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Running Ruff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Running Ruff Reply with quote

I got the new engine in and with Adams help figured that the timing was out 180deg but now all I can get the engine to do is go chug chug.
It wont rev out freely it seems to stutter.
Any ideas?
I have tried different dizzy timing settings,cam timing settings and mixture settings.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Ruff Reply with quote

What initial advance are you running?
Have you double-checked and then triple-checked the cam timing?
Are you absolutely certain that the spark plug leads are all in the right order?
Have you check the condition of your coil, spark plugs, spark plug leads, rotor button, points and distributor cap?
Have you checked for spark at each spark plug lead?
Did I mention you should double-check the cam timing?
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Ruff Reply with quote

Cam timing checked,double checked,changed one link left then one link right then back to TDC and line up the marks,check and check again this has taken over a week to do.
New plugs before the engine change 10min run max,points checked and working fine,leads checked 180 deg around yes spark at all checked 2 times-this means coil works?
Got me fugged.
Saturday the car drove to get fuel 5min and was fine but for high rev brakdown,when we got home the return line was pissing fuel out so I put in a T so the main line and return line can both go to the carb,blocked return line today and no change,chuggachugga chuggachugga waaaaaa chug chug dead.
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG FUG
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Ruff Reply with quote

Well if the cam timing is good and the ignition system is working... One would naturally suspect the __________.
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Ruff Reply with quote

Fuel?
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Ruff Reply with quote

try the little capacitor on the side of the dizzy. sounds like the same prob my mate had. we checked,changed, n replaced mostly everything and it had us spewin for three days, n found out it was a five dollar item from the auto shop!!
Non Gem Driver
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Running Ruff Reply with quote

that's the condensor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: