HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

info about solex locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: info about solex locks Reply with quote

i just bought a set of solex locks and i just wondered are all keys for the locks the same, because if they are then there is not much point in buying them, u may as well just leave the gemi locks on the car. because somone with solex locks whos got the key will get into your car. i just wont to know if solex locks are the same key for all cars. thanks all.

enemy...............
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

good question
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

put it this way i had gemini lock you could open them with any key or a 5cent coin but the people that wanted to steel my car still smashed my window
locks dont stop them
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

Spot on. You only need a small hammer and some gaffa tape. hope mad_hatter isnt picking up any tips. Wink
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

um

you dont seriously think that they would make locks that all use the same key? why sell them as locks at all then?

GMH are famous for making locks that camira and early modem commodore keys will open in geminis

but no, solex locks are not all made the same way. that would be dumb
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

and in terms of breaking into your car, anything that slows them down is a good thing.
Luke
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

anything is better than gemmi locks....
i had to get a new ignition for my car, so i had the key for the ignition and the key for the doors. the key for my old ignition starts my new ignition, but the new key doesnt open the doors. kinda wierd
cordial
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: info about solex locks Reply with quote

sorry to tell u boys but by solex key (for a cordia) opens my mates solexes on his gemmi and his open mine. dunno if it is just a fluke or what. but hey it still is better than a factory key that u can open wit a screwdriver
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: OMG Reply with quote

thats the stupidest question iv ever heard! ofcoure they dont all fit eachother! who would buy them if they did!
gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: heheh same Reply with quote

the key i got cut for my coupe and start the car but wont unlock any doors or the boot. but a screwdrive can!! hahahah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: