HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

electronic ignition and fuel pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: electronic ignition and fuel pump Reply with quote

can someone tell me if electronic ignition is possible to fit to a gem, and if so what is involved, and also others might get this problem. ticking from the feul pump. how am i able to stop the ticking, and why does i make the noise in the first place.................
thanks.......enemy.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: electronic ignition and fuel pump Reply with quote

The cheapest elec ign is the dizzy with the electronic module built in. they were about $65 for one 5 yrs ago from the wreckers who imported them with import motors I think. Its a straight swap.dunno if you cans till get them.

Fuel pumps tick louder when they are empty, then when they fill, they should get quieter. If thats still too loud, make up a box to put it in, and put fibreglass wool (or even foam, or something like that) in it to shut it up.
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: thanks alan Reply with quote

thanks dude, my car is getting low on juice but might make up a box all the same.....................
thanks
Andrew
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: electronic ignition and fuel pump Reply with quote

i think my electric dizzy came off an 1.8L '84ish rodeo. they're a bit rare so keep an eye out. I ripped the ignitor out of a wrecked shuttle (dunno if the dizzy's the same though). Everything is a straight swap plus you can use a 12V coil without a resistor.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: electronic ignition and fuel pump Reply with quote

Zakly what I have done, works a treat Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: