HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG rear windscreen demister

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: TG rear windscreen demister Reply with quote

The bottom three bars on my rear windscreen demister arent working, is this a common gemini problem or is it just on mine. What is the best way to go about fixing it? Windscreen demister repair kits?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TG rear windscreen demister Reply with quote

one of min near the top didn't work
i just left it though
its not illiagal not to have them as some cars didn't come with them
but i dont know how to fix them are they part of the window or just stuck on
sooty
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TG rear windscreen demister Reply with quote

Repair kit worked ok on my old torana hatch. had 4 bars to repair, fixed 3 didn't bother looking at the one that didn't.
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TG rear windscreen demister Reply with quote

I saw a 'pen' that you could use on the broken lines that connects them back together so current can run through them again. Dont know how well it works though.
Non Gem Driver
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TG rear windscreen demister Reply with quote

get 'em from supercheap for f%$k-all then a bit less
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

Go to your local motormate or sprint auto parts or some place like that and buy a demister repair kit - their pretty expensive for what u get.
anyways, get out ur magnifying glass and go down the demister lines looking for breaks - when u come across one put ur little slot thing u get with the pack in like with it and paint over with the demister repair shit.

do it well and all should be done.
Jones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: