HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wheel Spacers :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellowTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Wheel Spacers :/ Reply with quote

I know most people frown apon these like chopped springs but i was still wondering if anyone on these forums uses them.

The reason i ask is coz the bloke at bob jane said i could get these rims to fit a gem if i use spacers and they have done it to another gem but dont recomment it.

The rims are the same as on Ben Parsons TG (show gemini gallery) but they are bigger (16-17") TSW's. anyone know rims that look the same with the correct offset?

scuse my novel of a post. thanks
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Spacers :/ Reply with quote

yeah i use wheel spacers, no complaints.
new wheels but, you should just find ones that have the right offset
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Spacers :/ Reply with quote

there illegal arnt they??
the speedy seires of wheels are perfict offset for gems. the hyperfangs are nice i have them
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Spacers :/ Reply with quote

Yes they are illegal, but they are fairly commonly used. Avoid nasty taiwanese cast spacers like the plague, the best spacers are those which have their own wheel studs and then bolt onto the original hubs, still illegal but infinitely better than those which run longer studs in the original holes.

Ideally if you are going to run illegal wheel spacers, have them machined up to exactly match the hub and wheel so as much load as possible is carried by the hub rather than by the wheel studs.
yellowTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Spacers :/ Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys i think ill just try and find some rims with the right offset and roll the guards etc.
yellowTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: OOPS! Reply with quote

http://tsw.com/findwheels/catalog/vx1.htm

thats the wheel i was after its not a hyperfang but the style is similar. on the tsw site the offset looks like it might fit a gemini or am i stoned?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

u want an offset of 35-38mm
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

u want an offset of 35-38mm
the wheels u are looking at com in offsets frome 15-40 so yeah u will be able to get ones that fit easyly and nicely
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

thanks gene ill go hassle bob jane again....i love these rims i used to want them on my commodore but then i saw the light
yellowTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

will i need to flare/roll the guards with that offset?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

still ask the wheel place for the right offset. what size wheels u buying. i liped the inside of my gards and i had 15/195/50 on and there was HEAPS of room! and it was on the bumbstops (not anymore)
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

im planning on getting 16x7 or 17x17 with 205's and i want it about the same height of the orange beast in the modified gallery page 1 (als te).
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

so u want it pritymuch on the bumpstops!! u will ned to roll the gards for sure! CARFUL not to split the paint work tho!
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: OOPS! Reply with quote

You sure about that offset? Stock offset is 24mm.. So I thought if you use speedy 20mm offset wheels on Geminis and you wouldn't need spacers or anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: