HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn Yonee Re: BP100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Attn Yonee Re: BP100 Reply with quote

G'day Yon, I've been working pretty hard for the last week or so and haven't had much time to browse the latest threads till now. I came across yours stating that you use BP100, i'd just like to know how much you paid for it and what quantities are available. About 20 litres at a time would be nice to feed my TX on a cool Fri. or Sat. night while out cruising. I'd like to wind a bit more timing into the thing every now and then, and thought if i can get this stuff locally then some fun could be had. So any help is appreciated.
BTW i fitted the Facet pump, it solved my problem but i only have one gripe with it - it ticks like a speed junkie trying to do morse code!! The guy told me that it would be silent cause it suposedly doesn't have a needle and seat. I tried everything to quieten it down but no cigar. Either way, it's annoying when i'm idling through traffic and gets a little embarrasing at times. But on the plus side, it works faultlessly and is good for future mods. Is there another pump i could replace it with in the future that is as good as silent ? I'm prepared to pay approx. $150 - $200.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Yonee Re: BP100 Reply with quote

Have you installed the pump directly to the body of the car??? If you have try using rubber grommets or something to dampen the vibration???
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump rattle Reply with quote

I try'd everything imaginable to shut the thing up. From rubber grommets to cutting up an old thong. At the moment i've left it floating in the breeze, by that i mean the fuel lines are postioned in a way so that they suspend the pump in the air without letting it touch anything at all. It was the quietest fix so far, but it's still loud and i'm gonna have to settle for some sort of thicker but softer rubber to insulate it as i dont want to leave it the way it is. Thanks for your help, but it's something i'm just gonna have to get over.
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: