HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HYLUX DIFF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: HYLUX DIFF Reply with quote

found one lsd with disks and herd there fuckin good. does anyone know how much works involved in fitting one to a gemini???
cheers
GENE
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: HYLUX DIFF Reply with quote

hay Ive read in the past about people puting these centers in gemini diffs but that somthing i would like info on too.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: HYLUX DIFF Reply with quote

the centre will not fit thats like fitting a nine inch centre to a 10 bolt thats all Im saying on the matter..

GENE you can fit any diff to a gemini you just need to cut a shut it and weld the brackets to it they are a brilliant diff and most of the rotor boys use them in there RXs

cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: HYLUX DIFF Reply with quote

yeah thats where i saw it, a friend of a friends dogs mothers next door negbours sisters boyfreinds dad, has a 11 sec 13b turbo datto 1600 and he said he blew lockers, borg warner LSD's, and even the 9incher, but now he has a hylux one in and its lasted agers.
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: HYLUX DIFF Reply with quote

gene i dont think he would have blew the nine incher with a 11 sec car nine inchers are in 4 sec cars mate i recon your
friends dogs mothers next door neigbours sisters boyfreinds dad bent the truth a little there...

but as far as strength goes from such a light diff the hilux diff is brilliant mate
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: IDAREU2 Reply with quote

So what your saying m8 is that top fuilers have a 9incher in em???????????
Non Gem Driver
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: HiLUX DIFF Reply with quote

as a person who has been going to the drags for 19 years {i'm 19}, u can blow a 9 inch in a 14 second car if u try, to do a 14 u need about 150-180 kw at the fly wheel {rough}. If u have a 9 inch in a 4 second car {6000 hp} it wont last the first 2 feet, they actually have a "Strange" diff about 12 inch, a full locker.
we own a 7 second car and it has a Mark Williams billet "9 inch" locker in it. the 9 inch part is that its just the same design as the ever popular Ford item.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: IDAREU2 Reply with quote

LOL what do you think they run in them mate?

cause they are nine inches, but not STD items for obvise reasons..
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: HiLUX DIFF Reply with quote

bla bla bla same dog mate differant turd and where in the world do you find these 12 inches mate every book on diffs i got says nine inch look mate dont want to argue over this matter do your homework then shut me up..

www.geocties.com/pro350gemini
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry champ Reply with quote

mate i just did my own homework seems we are both wrong Ive just got in contact with a good friend of mine yes they do run bigger diameter a 10.5 inch diameter in fact, sorry to say i thought they still ran the 9 inch diameter in the strange housing..

so sorry mate i learned somthing new today..

I run a nine inch with full spool and twin rib carrier in my gemini that runs 11s, and there is no way that it will let go, and ive punished it to gods earth.. I snapped a axle but now I run billit mosser 31 spline there not going no where..
Non Gem Driver
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry champ Reply with quote

cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: