HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

quater mile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim hill
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: quater mile Reply with quote

how fast does a stock gem do the quater mile?
tim
BUSTEDASSGEMI
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

me thinks it is about 17 sec but dont quote me!!!!
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

It would be nice if a stock gem could do a flat 17. Seen speeds quoted anywhere from about 18.6-19.2 depending on track, conditions, driver etc.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

19s is right. the zz/z ran a flat 18 i was told
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

I dont think a front and rear spoiler would have helped chop a second off the time. Must have been the wind splits.
It had the same motor and some may argue a slightly different ratio gearbox but it would run the same time as a normal tg.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

My friends stock 2L used to run flat 17's.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

WELL the gem will beat a HQ 202 and some V8's stock so they must do about 19 to 19.6. my brother in laws does 19.2 and that is pretty much stock. and my modified one which is about the same as a CDT gem does 16.2 but should 15's
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

Based on what ive seen, which may or may not be accurate,
a standard 1600 gem will run 19 flat. A 30/70 cam, webber and extractors will get it to high 17s. A standard 2litre runs high 17s, fit a "standard" 1600 head, 30/70 cam, extractors and a webber and expect mid to high 16s. Do portwork and a bigger cam and carby to get flat 16s and to go quicker need to start doing some special work (cam, carbies, portwork, compression etc)
Obviously all motors respond differently, all heads are bloody different and all cars respond differently so Im just putting out some vague figures of cars either me or my friends have owned, worked on or seen at the drags.....
linty
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

my younger brother , can flog a R32 GTS-T skyline by 4 carlengths down the quarter , and the skyline runs 14.7 s
and my brothers car doesnt run nos , or a turbo !!! ...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

is that the yellow or green gem?
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: quater mile Reply with quote

the yellow one .... he rebuilt the motor ... its standard honestly lol .. hahahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: