HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

This forum sucks :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: This forum sucks :( Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but I have to say it, I can't find sh!t and my wanted ad has disappeared off the next page.

Does anyone else back a move to get this forum modified to allow greater flexibility?

Maybe something similar to the workshop area, where you can advertise as 'Wanted' or in a specific category, like 'Cars' 'Engines' etc.

I want to sell some gear but it disappears as soon as it is up. I am also noticing the increased use of highly visible post titles, to grab attention. That's fine, and probably the only way to get noticed but it is distracting and the small notices get lost.

Well, that's all for my rant Smile
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: This forum sucks :( Reply with quote

It would be nice if the most recently replied to thread came to the top of the page.

Or beter yet, when someone replies to your post and email is sent to you notifying you.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: This forum sucks :( Reply with quote

One of the problems is a lot of posts initiate chat which is often useful Q's etc but sometime just a lot of keyboard diarhoea.
What might be good (and I have no idea how hard it is)is to have a collapsable format like in newsgoups. And perhaps two reply buttons, one "reply group", one "reply poster" which would post the group or email the poster.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: This forum sucks :( Reply with quote

Are ya happy now buddy, your geting replys in the for sale section. YAY. i agree with u the post gets onto the 2nd page to quickly resuling in nobody reading it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: This forum sucks :( Reply with quote

oath
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: