HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Modifying TF frontend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

I have a tf wagon, or at least a tf frontend on it.

Here it is :

http://members.iweb.net.au/~orca/gemi2.jpg

I don't much like the look of it I prefer this look (with the grille and light configuration), its supposedly also a tf.

Here :

http://hotgemini.com/images/viewers/273_lewisgem3.jpg

Now the question is, is my car really a tf, it may have had the frontend changed during its life.

Also more importantly, how hard is it to switch the front end gear from the above to my car ?
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

You'll find a little bit of info on this subject by searching the forum. In a nutshell:

TF SL had TG style front
TF SL/X had TF style front
TG SL had TF style front
TD Sl/X had TG style front

There was a switch around at that stage. TE had a unique front not used in any other model.

Cheers
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

'Now the question is, is my car really a tf, it may have had the frontend changed during its life.'

check compliance plates
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

On the radiator support panel there is a stamped code. AT? where the ? is the model suffix. Yours should read ATF and a series of numbers etc if it is a TF. Then match up to the compliance plate on the firewall.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

Benjamin, is that completely BS??
I don't think a TD ever had the TG front end. And if the TF SL had a TG front, why did the TG SL have a TF front??
I'm not clear on TE/TF/TG fronts really, but isn't Boog's the same styling as a TE? Looks like my TE anyway. Did all the TF/TG's have the same front or was there a change from TE to TF styling on the TF models?
cheers
Michael
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

TE fronts had parkers at the side of the grille and the grille itself was slatted. TE base models had a round opening for 7" round headlights. TF went "egg-crate" style grille with the side light becoming indicators with the deletion of the side repeater lights on the guards, and the parkers moved to the bumper. TF SL/X got a Commodore look-a-like front headlight assembly with separate grille. TG's, with the exception of the base model which got the TF lower spec. front, got the separate headlight and grille of the previous model SL/X.

Clear as mud??

Yonnee.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Modifying TF frontend Reply with quote

Methinks TD was a slip of the finger from TF Smile
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: ~~~~YAY THATS MY SEDAN~~~~ Reply with quote

hey

well thats mine the green one

yes yours is a tf but i have a tg lights and grill on mine..

well glad to clear things up........

robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: