HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CuGem.. Question on ULP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: CuGem.. Question on ULP Reply with quote

hey, i say your post on gemmis running on ULP. mines running at the moment on Leaded petrol, or lead replacement or whatever else they call it... anyway how can i change it over if you reckon that ULP is the best? also im only getting about 320kms on each tank, im thinking thats a little low? whats ya ideas on it, or anyones ideas for that matter! any help is greatly appreicated!

andrew
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: The easiest way... Reply with quote

Next time you pull into a servo, instead of pulling out the LRP nozzle, take the ULP nozzle.

As far as K's per litre, there are so many variables as to the state of tune of your motor, and with LRP being so crap, it's probably partly to blame.

Yonnee.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: The easiest way... Reply with quote

leaded petrol has lubricant to help your rings from not corroding etc etc or something along those lines anyway to effectively exclusively use ulp youve gotta do work, in which case i have to strongly recommend just going the whole hog over to gas. it burns at higher temps and is a whole lot cheaper to run (once installed)
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: ...or something along those lines? Reply with quote

Be careful who you contradict.
The lead in super stopped valve seat recession in cast iron heads.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: ...or something along those lines? Reply with quote

my brother and dad work for Shell (in refinery in sydney) they have explained it to me but i wasnt paying attention. : )
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: The easiest way... Reply with quote

Yeah, if you're talking about a two stroke! Think the oil in the sump might have something to say about you giving its job away.

Last time. In a stock Gemini engine you do not need to make any modification to run ULP! (I could be wrong - mine only ran for 16 years on ulp before shitting itself ;o)
davo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Racegem on fuel Reply with quote

Hey racegem how long have you been running on U.L.P.? Ks ar'nt the problem" the motor is i would say so too.
davo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Explaine it again Reply with quote

Pete get your brother or dad to explaine it again and let me know Thanks
davo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ...You got my vote Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. You got my vote'only 16 years.Have you still got it? Must know abit about geminis. Thanks for all the help. Sorry to be a pain but i go it right now.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: sorry guys Reply with quote

Have I still got it?
I feel like the proud dad ;o)
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/CuGem/
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry guys Reply with quote

16 years eh !! *wink wink* its 16 years to the year that ULP come out Smile ... Michael
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry guys Reply with quote

My bad. Maybe it was 14 or 15 years I was using ULP. I'm better now at arthritic than arithmatic ;o) Does that mean I should rethink using ULP without modifying my engine?? ;o)
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Racegem on fuel Reply with quote

My first car, a TC Coupe ran on ULP or PULP for over seven years. My VH 308 Wagon runs hardened valves seats in the cast heads, and has run mostly Optimax for nearly three and a half years since the motor was rebuilt. And the race car will run either Optimax or Shell 100 if I feel like splurging.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Racegem on fuel Reply with quote

dont buy shell 100 its basically kero it sits around to lo0ng so they add toluene which aint a bad thing to it and it goes blue
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Racegem on fuel Reply with quote

Usually they colour the fuel so you, or CAMS, can tell what you're using. We can't get enough of the stuff. We sponsor a couple of speedway cars, and have kept the fuel for a few months now. We can sell 20 - 30 20lt drums in a weekend, particularly if there's a meet on at The Island or Drouin. With that sort of turn around, I can't see it "sitting around" for too long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: