HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

farken law

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: farken law Reply with quote

have u heard about the new legislation introduced today that police will now have the power to impound any cars involved in illegal street racing or deemed to be driving dangerously!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the fuck and on a 3rd offence they can confiscate the car completely to the government. fuckinhell soon all the politicians will be drivin wicked cars. i just think that is fucked beyond all possible doubt.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: farken law Reply with quote

shit! thats not good!!! which state is that in? or is it in all states!?
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Sorry, what's your point? Reply with quote

Do you think you should be able to engage in *illegal* street racing and driving dangerously and get a medal for the 3rd time you're caught?
Or are you having paranoid delusions that the cops are against you and now have an excuse to take your car off you??
And some wonder why insurance is so high for under 25's!
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry, what's your point? Reply with quote

lol, thats why they have open days on race tracks!!! the coppers arent against us, its just the shit drivers that crash their cars.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry, what's your point? Reply with quote

fucken oath. if you wanna race do it at an open day. they're on all the time and there's heaps of various events. not only do you run the chance of getting caught running illegal street racing but there's a greater chance of you crashing your car. now, if you've got a car WORTH racing then crashing it would probably be equivalent to the earth being hit by a big bloody asteroid - in other words: you wouldn't want that! get my point? there's more controlled conditions and less risk at an open day - keep your car, keep it on the race track. don't risk the damn thing!
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: No offence Reply with quote

I engage in "illegal street racing" on a regular daily basis. But i'm not about to get pissed at a cop that catches me for it. It's their job, i wouldn't like people telling me how to do my job. The only time there's reason too be pissed at a cop is if they fine you for something you didn't do. And just coz 1 cop fines you, doesn't make them all assholes. I've been done for things i knew were illegal and things that were'nt illegeal. The time i got done for allegedly doing a burnout in front of a cop (how stupid did he think i was) i copped the fine sweet and polite, then asked how to contest it in court as i didn't do it. He was actually polite back to me and thought about tearing it up, but didn't. So now i have to go through the process of a court hearing. Learn your rights, then use them whenever you should. It's annoying - but it's life and you gotta get used to it. Shit happens, then you die. No point getting hyped up over it.
murph
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: farken law Reply with quote

well i dont illegaly street race but often enjoy the odd bit of sideways action so does this car confascation crap apply in sa cos i heard that these law have been around for a long time in sydney.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: farken law Reply with quote

well as far as i know it was just a news item here in qld but the way i see it it gives them another reason to want to pull you over and harrass you. not sure about other states. and for you others its all good and well going to open days and i have done this before but u cant tell me u havnt got stuck into ya gem on the street when some idiot in a vn wants a race.
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry, what's your point? Reply with quote

here here...i agree fully
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: No offence Reply with quote

A-men brother
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: farken law Reply with quote

still just to be on the safe side after your 2nd offense have some sort of self destruct mechagnism installed so when the cop says "right we are taking your car" you say something along the lines of "let me just get my *whatever* out of the car". when you are inside turn on the SDM and walk away quickly. cause you where going to lose your car anyway, blowing it up wont be so bad.
and then the government doest get any money selling your beloved car. god damn i need some sleep. my amblings are getting realy stupid now.
spud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: