HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new photos of CuGem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

Here's the photos of CuGem breathin easier with a set of sidedraughts. (photos along bottom row)
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/CuGem/

Includes photos of the (apparently) controversial brake conversion.
here's a few points:
About the master cylinder plate. It was engineered by BHS here in Brissie. If any playground engineer wants to contend its design/build quality, take it up with them! ;o)

About the manifold and sidedraughts. I *know* downdraughts are a better option (more power, no brake hassles), but this is a show pony and I like the sculptural look of the manifold.

I am running the original fuel pump, with a restrictor in the fuel return with no troubles so far. I have not had the dizzy recurved.
Still need to have the carbs tuned.

Now I just have to find a solution I'm happy with for the rocker breather Surprised)

Cheers
Michael
tha_mad_hatter
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

id like to tell u thats a dam nice car for a start. and heres my question how much power do u get out of it ie hp or kw and approx how much did it cost for the engine and how hard was the engine to do like how much can u do yourself?
cheers and once again thats pretty sweet
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

Haven't dynoed it yet, wasn't planning to. Someone should be able to give ball park figures tho'. Think someone told me about 100hp at the rear wheels with the nikki but only if I fixed the Feng Shui in the engine bay. The engine only cost me $2300 about 3 years ago. Didn't do any myself, no time, no workshop. I spose you could do the assembly yourself, palm out the block and head for decking/p&p etc. Pretty simple engine.
tha_mad_hatter
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

simple but sexy hahhaha bottom line is it goes hey
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Question CuGem Reply with quote

First of all, i gotta say, FUCK THATS A NICE CAR, I'm soooooo fuckin jealous, hehehe. Anywayz, I wanna know what brake setup you got man, looks like a TX set up, and u got a mod'd filler or something? Looks very neat and tidy. I'm still tryin to put my single side draft webers on. Oh and those Twins look AWESOME, are they brand new?? cuz they sure look it. How much ya pay for em?? if you don't mind me asking.
cheers steve.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Question CuGem Reply with quote

Mate, didn't Corty scare you into buying his TX brake setup in the last round of posts? LOL. I'm still running my original TD booster/mastercyl. (rebuilt of course) but that remote system is what I was explaining in your mastercylinder post a page or two ago. It's a simple and effective conversion if the plate (see photo)is well made, ie have it made up by someone who knows what they're doing cos brakes are really important. Also have a look at slugs post. His is even better IMHO.
You too can make your carby's look like that if you spend a couple of hours each night for 3wks rubbing them back with wet/dry wrapped around a paddle pop stick.
And thanks for the complements!
Cheers
Michael
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

Dont see anything controversial there. About 100 at the wheels sounds about right for your setup. Wonder what sort of mileage you'll get with those carbs. Less than 20 mpg is my bet.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

have a mate with a gem rally car, much the same setup. Gets 200km out of a tank *in cruise mode* Ugly. I think I'm going to be an environmental vandal Surprised)
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: new photos of CuGem Reply with quote

Yep, thats what I got from twin 40 d/draughts on a G200 with a 30/70 cam. (about 16 mpg.) Had those carbs for a few months before I pissed em off. Nice rush at the top end tho. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: