HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need a good trim shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: need a good trim shop Reply with quote

ok, the places i have rung so far have quoted me near enough to 5 grand to trim up my car for me, all i want is the seats, door trims, roof and carpet done, the rest i can do my self, but i am after a place in adelaide that will do a good job but for maybe half the price or less than half the price of what i have been quotted so far, if any one can help i would appreciate it, thanks...........................

enemy............................
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: need a good trim shop Reply with quote

moulded carpet should cost about 140 from rare spares
the seats should cost about 800 all up to be refoamed and retrimed.
door trims you could do your self just use some 3 ply and cover it with what ever you want (put a layer of thin foam underneath the trim for more effect.
the roof linning you could get a dress maker to make for about 50

and there you have it.
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: need a good trim shop Reply with quote

I got a quote for $300 to line the interior of my wagon in vinyl and around $150 in carpet. I ended up doing that myself and it cost me about $90 in carpet still got some left over for other jobs too. The job was a bit of a pain to do but nothing too hard and now it looks a treat. (i used felt type carpet not like what you would use on a floor hehe, you can also get velour stuff)

Door trims you can make or buy and you can buy a moulded carpet as said.

The only thing you'd want to do is get the seats retrimmed by the place, even then it will still cost a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: