HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATT: Benjamin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: ATT: Benjamin Reply with quote

Sorry for posting another thread but I wasn't sure if you'd find my reply or not in the previous thread about my tf frontend.

So the final question is, is it possible to get the tf slx "commodore". Meaning I want the non sunk lights and slatted grill as opposed to the sunken lights and "egg carton" grill on my tf.

I figure I'd ask around here before ringing the wreckers, im sure enthusiasts like you guys would know a lot more.

I did a search but couldn't seem to come up with much. Sorry if im being a pain.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: ATT: Benjamin Reply with quote

No probs Boog Smile

You should be able to get what we call the TF front from a wreck as long as it is in good nick, the biggest problem will be fitting the nose cone.

The biggest difference structurally is the TF indicators mount in from the side, whereas TG mount from the back. Also TG guards have small indicators on the side panel.

I can't say for sure whether you will need a TF nose cone (radiator support panel), I would hesitate to say you don't, the headlights should mount up fine, it is only the indicators that cause hassle.

Basically you will(may) need:
Nose cone
Both guards

Some mounting brackets for headlights and indicators etc
Should be able to get a whole front cut off. I got a TD cut from crossmember forward for about $60.

Someone should maybe have a go at answering this, I am not an expert in TF/TGs. I have however replaced 2 nose cones on a TX, in the process bringing the TX up to TD standard. It isn't that hard really, Geminis like LEGO Smile

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: