HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Battery in the boot?????help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Battery in the boot?????help!! Reply with quote

Hey guys Im doing up my gemy and I wanna put the battry in the boot reason being the standard welleded battry clamp is just to small to be able to power the Stero system i wanna put in, so I removed it and bogged it up and got it sprayed when i sprayed the car.
Now I have had many ppl say what for why did U do that this that. Even the spray painter.
I want it in the boot so I can put and Extra Heavy duty battery in a box and run the wiring under the car.

Getting to my point if I run the battery in the boot will I lose power?
and all I have to connect is the (+) wiring under the car to the engine bay.
and the (-) just has to run to earth?
isnt most of the car earth ???
I need advice.
Will it affect the loss of power and will it have any other problems that might occur?
thanks
email me @joeysgem@hotmail.com
thanks guys
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery in the boot?????help!! Reply with quote

You need to run a thick multi strand cable to our starter motor, and from there, you can run a much smaller cable to the thinish red wire that your batter used to connect to from the positive terminal that powers the rest of the car.

The earth from the battery can just be grounded in the boot, because the entire chassis is earthed. The bigger the cable from the battery to the starter motor, the less power you will loose because it will have lower resistance than a smaller cable.

Ben Wight
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery in the boot?????help!! Reply with quote

I have coated my car in sound dendnar would that make a difference
the whole car on the inside is covered in it?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery in the boot?????help!! Reply with quote

When you install the earth cable, you remove the sound deadener where you plan to attach the cable.

If you sprayed sound deadenner on a wire, would the wire still work?? Yes.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: