HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

GEMINI... PARTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillbie
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: GEMINI... PARTS Reply with quote

hey guys, got a stock 1600, does the job atm, no prbs... needs a few things tho??

diff is one, at the moment just got the standard one in it, but it is making a hell of alot of racket when i take of change gear, or for that matter just move at all, i really want a LSD and disc's wouldnt go astray, but they arnt as important, would of yaz kno of an estimiated price range for LSD diff, it has to be decent i dont want it to break a month down the track... any feedback would be great...

also im looking for front seats too, any ideas?? preferably bolt ins with no mod nessacary at all.

thanx
phillbie
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI... PARTS Reply with quote

seats from other cars generally dont just bolt in but its a relatively simple operation to get them to fit. have a look at the difference in the runners and change it to suit, if you know anyone whos a handy metalworker theyd probly do it for a case or something...

price i got quoted on an lsd a few months ago was $900 thats regardless of condition... better of finding someone who dosnt know its worth and getting it of them cause its 'just a gemini diff' for 300 bucks and getting it rebuilt...
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI... PARTS Reply with quote

fuck 900s steep.....I just soled a rebuilt ford 9 inch, detroit locker for 500..... a stock lsd diff for a gem 900.
Cut a different diff back to fit
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI... PARTS Reply with quote

I just paid $450 for an LSD centre fitted. Its a 6 cylinder commodore unit, probably VB-VH models. Just bolt in. the aren't very big, so wont take big hp, but you have a stock engine, so you have nothing to worry about.

Keep ringing around, if they dont know, tell them you want a commodore diff.

Ben Wight
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI... PARTS BEN WIGHT Reply with quote

Hey Ben

did you just get the centre or the hole diff what about the axle's

Macca
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI... PARTS BEN WIGHT Reply with quote

The LSD centre is the same physical size as the gemmy centre, and just bolts in replacing the gem item. The gem axles slide back into the Commodore LSD centre.

They are pretty rare, but if you ring around all the diff joints, you are bound to find one.

I', sure the whole diff wouldn't fit under as commodores would have a wider wheel track, then again, I have never seen a complete diff. The size of the diff isn;t the main concern however, its the fact that the majority of diffs dont have torque tubes which the gemmy needs, unless a major suspension rework is undertaken. Therefore, anything that you can get that bolts into the standard gem housing make life so much easier.

Or alternatively, you could just get your standard diff locked, about $50. I got that done a few weeks before, it was great for donuts.

Ben Wight
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMINI... PARTS Reply with quote

mate...1997 Toyota Supra front seats bolt straight to the gemini runners. i know this for a fact cause there in my TG now. there like race seats...bout 250 bucks will get u a set from any jap wheckers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: