HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how 2 wire tg digital clock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

can anyone please tell me how 2 wire the digital clock from a SLX into a base model gem. ive figured out what the red and the black wires are for(plain obvious) its the other 2 that are throwing me off. can some one tell me what these 2 wires are and where they connect to...thanks
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

probably for the back light which dims when the headlights are on
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

yep hes right

my car came stock with that little clock and when the headlights are on it dims so the backlight dosnt blind you...
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

yeah yeah thats cool and all but where do they wire to?
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

take the connection of the back of ur analog clock in ur instrument cluster and plug it into the digital clock, straight swap
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

got no alalog clock...its got the tacho dash in it...cause i scored a ZZ/Z for 50 bucks...mint dash in it so i thought i may as well use it...could anyone recommend where to wire the dimmer and main power wires into...doesnt have to be too pretty just has to work(haha).

cheers
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

just go around with a test pencil and see what you can find to hook it up to
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: how 2 wire tg digital clock Reply with quote

there should still be a connection for ur digi clock on ya wiring harness look around for a white plastic connection with 4 wires going into it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: