HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TACHO!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maty13
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

anyone out there have a tacho, no not the whole tacho dash just the tacho for a te 1980 model
will pay generously for 1
thanx . Mat
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

good luck,

they are rare as, and if anyone has one I doubt they will sell it,
Maty13
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

dammit thats what i keep hearing , i found 1 at a wrecker but he wants 140 bucks for the whole tacho dash. i heard they came in the diesels is that right ?
sooty
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

only in TG diesels
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

im pretty sure when this exact conversation came up a few weeks back it was mentioned that the diesels have a different setup to the petrols (ie 1 is from coil and 1 is from cog in gearbox)

i think elkys got a whole gypsy cluster, i think they have tachos in em? worth a try
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

TG Tacho dashes are easy to come by just not that cheap about $150 approx, Diesel tacho's are harder to find and different setup they will not go on a Petrol engine and vise versa.

But to get your hands on a TD - TE then good luck, if anyone has one, YES I would be interested,

Cheers

Eggy
DOHC
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TACHO!!!! Reply with quote

Just an interesting note.

The tacho that came factory in TD style of dash was also used by Chrysler in their mid 70's Galant. So, if you can find a mid 70's galant, cannibalise the dash at the wreckers you should be able to walk out with it for under $50, and it slots almost straight into the Gemi dash.

Don't ask me for the exact model, but I know that U-Pull-It in Lonsdale SA has a couple at the moment....

Just thought that might help

cheers,
Ross.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: