HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

failing/sticking brakes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

my brakes lock up when i go along, with out even pressing the pedal. they do not fully 'lock', but pressure is applied , and the car struggles to go. my wheels get really hot, and the brakes have smoked like a mutha when i kept driving it to get it home. i have recently changed the master cyl, front pads & calipers, and it still plays up! I think i did everything right, and now i am just clueless as to whgat to do after spending all that money on brake gear, for no results.
Any help is much appreciated.
MARK
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

Brake Booster?
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

gemini??? ohh sorry, corolla!
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

exactly...
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: WWW.HOTFUKINCORALLA.COM??? Reply with quote

Hahahahaha
Well that's the fuckin problem! Gem brakes don't fit corolla's hahahaha.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

umm.... hotcorolla.com????
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

yeah whats with that ay ?
it's not my fault i didn't know shit when i bought my first car. and paid way too much for it i might add. just tryin to get my money bak, and get a decent gem. once i fix the brakes, i just wanna be rid of the thing.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: failing/sticking brakes Reply with quote

*Insure it and BURN IT!!*

OOOPPS!! Did I say that out loud?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: But seriously... Reply with quote

One side or both?
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: But seriously... Reply with quote

it is one oneside wouldnt he being taking off from the lights and start doing a big circle coz his brakes are fucked??!?! hahah
corollas are nuttin but trouble.

u think u can do things to lil cars but not really...like a corona wagon for example which now has a rust hole aboutt he size of 4 50c coins in a big circle

just thrash it and then take it home to ur dad or mum and bitch about it and they might get u a lil load from their wallets to ur hand for another car.
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: But seriously... Reply with quote

lol i wish. yeah it's both sides. when i bought the new calipers the guy said that he'd never heard pof anything like it and said that it's extremely strange for both sides to do it. i'm stumped.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: AN IDEA!!! Reply with quote

strip ur corolla...take out seats, stereo exhaust...etc

take all interior shit in to ur room. bluetack door trim to ur walls and a rear view mirror on the window, put ur seats set up like a car

staple the wheels to ur carpet and pretend ur driving a monster-house-truck.

then wake up and blow the fucker up.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Might be dumb question, but.... Reply with quote

Seeing they're brand new calipers, are the slide pins greased properly? If they're not, they could be sticking. Also, how old is the master cyl.?
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: AN IDEA!!! Reply with quote

yeah.. if i was stupid lol
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Might be dumb question, but.... Reply with quote

the calipers are s/h items. so is the master cyl. hmm, but yeah i didn't think about greasing the pins.
i'll give it a go. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: