HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

shit cluch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim hill
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: shit cluch Reply with quote

my cluch is shit. its about 2 weeks old and when you push it in, it doesn't fully let go. its adjusted so much that the cluch forlk cant go any further because its hitting the bell housing and when i put it together i did everything according to a manual but it isnt very good. when its in netural and you arnt moving it is really hard to get it into first and reverse. when you are in first it slowly creeps foward.
how do i fix it?
thanks heaps tim.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: shit cluch Reply with quote

in the bell housing there is a bolt sticking out which the other end on the arm goes on, take it out and put a coulpe of washers behind it the put it all back it should give you a bit more leaverage,

but you may have to seperate the engine and gearbox to do this,

another option is to grind a little out of the bellhousing so that the are has room to move, saves pulling the engine out again,

cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: