HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cheap Tacho ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Cheap Tacho ? Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind some kind of tacho in my tf to keep track of the revs. Tho I don't really want to pay a huge amount for something like a monster tacho or something.

Is there some kind of cheapie low end tacho that does the job that I could stick in there..

Thanks
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap Tacho ? Reply with quote

Get yerself a Haigh tacho, for about $60, or go to the wrechers and grab one from a tg, and stick it in.
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: tacho troubles Reply with quote

i have an autometer monster tach and about a year ago the wires touched and something blew in it... the set to shift still works but it doesnt pick up the revs.. the needle just sits on 5 grand. Can this be fixed coz all the wires are covered in a glue and its impossible to work on unless u disolve this shit the circuit board is covered in.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

it sounds f#k'd,
if in vic I may be able to have a look,

but sounds like you toasted it?
the only way is to take it ot an electronic shop of a look see but it will cost usually,

cheers
Eggy
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

its got a shift light, and looks good... if anyone wants to buy it just 4 looks, or wants to try to fix it, i'll sell it 4 $85. Brisbane.
jonathonapples@hotmail.com
TravTC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

Go to 'dick stiff' electronics mate
thats what i did
make your own
its a kit that costs like 30 bucks
all digital baby!
make your own mounting box, its all good!
got an adjuster too, just hook it up to a car with a real tacho and adjust it until you get it spot on!
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

what was the name of the kit at disck smith
TravTC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

pffft, tacho kit?
cant remember mate
just go in and ask one of the geeks.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Att: PSI.... Reply with quote

...ring Rocket Industries in Sydney. They are the Australian distributors for Autometer. They might be able to give you an estimate to fix it. Might be something cheap and simple.

Yonnee.
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Att: PSI.... Reply with quote

thanx 4 that... i'll give it a go!!
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: hey boog Re: Cheap Tacho ? Reply with quote

got to a marine shop cause at work we got new tachos that go to 8grand for $30-$40 there only about 2 and a half inches but they do the job
a secondhand 4inch would be about $45 from a marine shop

and they hook up the same way
1 wire to:
coil
negative
posative
acsesory light posative
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

its called a digital tacho kit. i was gonna buy one but it looked dogdy?!?!? does it work alright?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: hey boog Re: Cheap Tacho ? Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mate, I'll check it out once I've got some cash again. Right now a service and new set of springs is on the cards :/
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: tacho troubles Reply with quote

yeah they work i was going to buy one 2day, $36, but the digital display is small, i'm lookin 2 make one bigger, they look alright and would work fine, probably more acurate than needle normal tachs!!!, coz it's all electronic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: