HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

polishing crome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: polishing crome Reply with quote

the top of my engine block, my filter protector and boost brake all have been cromed on the outside. anyone of the best way to keep these clean and shinny? at the moment im having to do it about 3-4 times a week to keep them clean!

andy
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: polishing crome Reply with quote

Most guys will tell u to use autosol on ur chrome. Dont even think abou it. If its rusty shitty chrome wk the yeah, go for it - but if its good quality, polished properly ten just use windex and a soft clean cloth. old bonds tops make the best rags. Do what i do and buy a bag of rags for like 35 bucks for 20kg. they r all soft, dry cleaned white rags that r perfect.

ur chrome will last forever if u keep it clean this way. anything else apart from hot soapy water will scratch. - causing rust. About 1nce every six months take to ur bay with hot soapy water and a sponge. do the skirts and firewall 1st. degrease ur engine if need be. cover up ur dizzy with a plastic bag. Wash ur engine and evrything in site. then clean all the chrome wk.

umm yeah, what was ur question again?
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: polishing crome Reply with quote

if your lazy, like me... wax it, but dont buff the wax off!!! it looks crap whilst its like this, but as soon as you want anyone to look under your engine bay just a quick buff and its perfect! just ordinary car wax will do the job.
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: polishing crome Reply with quote

alright, thanks for all those, ill give them a go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: