HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

temperature help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: temperature help Reply with quote

its a very long shot.
noone could probly help but anyways

the temp in my car is apparently running high (reading the guage). In the morning after a warmup (so the car is warm enough to rev and take off auto choke)
Ok so car is warm and the guage reads half. So i go to the radiator and feel the cap and its coldish.
I showed dad and he even took off the cap and it was cold - no over spurting involved so it wasnt hot.

So anyways on a hot day the guage sits under the redline in the temp (tg sedan guage)

I made a better earth from the -ve battery terminal which helped with the temp going up when i turned lights on.

So im kinda worried about the whole thing.
New temperature sender maybe? new guage?
cheers

Hones etc
mykl
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: temperature help Reply with quote

try checking the thermostat if the engine water temp is high but there is coldish water in the top radiator tank. if u r not sure, take the thermostat out out and put it in a old baked bean tin and fill with boiling water - it should open after a minute or so
Cheers
Mykl
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: temperature help Reply with quote

yeh its a new thermostat and has been for about 2 months
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: