HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need panelvan help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: need panelvan help Reply with quote

hey

heres the story...

I went away camping with a few mates. At the moment im the only one wiht my p's but once my mates get theres we plan to go away more often.

this time i slept in my tg sedan but we started talking one of the mornings about how a panelvan would kick ass for camping as it would give for packing room and give you can crash in the back.

well anyway the question is:
i want a panel van (not a station wagon) doesnt have to have good paint or even have rego. i just want no rust and it to have a straight body, rolling shell would be fine.

i plan to drop a 1800 and 5 speed gear box in it.

could i get this for under 2 grand? if not what can i get for 2 grand?

please write back
Robert
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

hey

heres the story...

I went away camping with a few mates. At the moment im the only one wiht my p's but once my mates get theres we plan to go away more often.

this time i slept in my tg sedan but we started talking one of the mornings about how a panelvan would kick ass for camping as it would give for packing room and give you can crash in the back.

well anyway the question is:
i want a panel van (not a station wagon) doesnt have to have good paint or even have rego. i just want no rust and it to have a straight body, rolling shell would be fine.

i plan to drop a 1800 and 5 speed gear box in it.

could i get this for under 2 grand? if not what can i get for 2 grand?

please write back
Robert
Ben J
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

Mate, why dont you do what i did, Buy a wagon, remove the rear seat...Buy the side panels and if youre willing the floor section from a panelvan which DOES have to be sut from a genuine panno...

Os just leave the seat BASE in and fold it down....

Wagons and panno's are basically the same car...one with windows and a seat, the other with no windows, But the threads for the seat are still there!

Just a thought!
Ben
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

thanks for the help

but what motor would go good in it and what you have in yours ben...
Ben J
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

Well, what motor would go good in any Gemini? G180? G200? FJ20? G200W (twin cam)
sr20?
sr20DET if ur really that keen

Well me.......i had a g161z with a weber, exhaust and cam....

Doh..... it was ok for a 1600 but still too slow.....then i sold it and bought my celica with an 18RGEU (2litre twin cam, twin sidedraughts)

Ben
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE Reply with quote

thanks mate i mighte go for a 1800 and turbo it.or even a 2 litre turbo

anyway thanks for the help mate.....

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: