HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold Reply with quote

yeah...

more blow thru turbo stuff...

I was looking at the EFI throttle body of a Cordia Turbo last night, and was wondering if the throttle body could be adapted using a similar adapter style plate to put a weber onto a gemini manifold.

the port size (butterfly size) of the cordia is about 1 and 3/4 inch, and this is just inside the width of the gemini inlet manifold inlet port (where the carby sits). so an adapter could be made up to fit the EFI throttle body to the standard gemini inlet manifold.

the next part is how to go about wiring up EFI. the throttle body has two plugs that must lead back to an ECU of some description, then u'd need an airflow sensor of some sort before the turbo, and maybe some sort of temp sensor and exhaust gas sensor (not worrying about ignition at the moment). That's all i can figure out so far...

would it be possible to use a stock cordia ECU and do some wiring up of various sensors to run the EFI throttle body on the stock gemini inlet manilfold ???

...anyone ever looked into this for an EFI blow thru turbo set-up on a Gem ?? (as an alternate from a Piazza inlet manifold...)
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold Reply with quote

dont waste your time...

hahaha, just kidding man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold Reply with quote

yeah...

suck my balls. genuine enquiries only, no tire kickers.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold Reply with quote

Blow through generally refers to a carburetion system where the inlet of the carb is pressurised, and it doesn't refer to efi systems, but I guess we all know what you mean still.

Is the cordia setup throttle body injection, ie, injectors in the throttle body? If not, where would you put the injectors? If so, then all you would need to run it and using the stock computer would be the stock air flow meter, water and possibly air temp sensor, although this wouldn't be critical. I dont if they run an oxy sensor, but if you left this out, it also shouldn't matter.

You might find that the computer needs a trigger from an electronic ignitor module to run, a signal from a coil might not be enough.

If you have all the cordia stuff sitting there, then it would be a viable project, if not, then for the cost of a piazza or rodeo manifold, inc TB, rail, injectors, and regulator, then I would be going for the latter, if not only for the better mixture distribution of a multi point injection setup.

Ben Wight
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold Reply with quote

yeah,

...essentially Ben, the Cordia throttle body (yes the injectors built in !) will take the position of the carby in a blow thru setup turbo - hence the reference to blow thru. it can basically be treated the same as a carby, but instead the fuel being mixed mechanically so to speak (via a series of fuel jets and air correctors ect.), the single throttle body controlled by the ECU will act as a more precise fuel mixing device than a carby in a turbo set-up.

...it's cheap, i have the parts (ECU questionable), it'll fit under the bonnet, it'll improve performance, and like what most of the ppl on this site are looking for - it's all "bolt on" with minimal fuss and fabricating.

...has anyone else tried this before ???
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: EFI Cordia --> Gemini manilfold Reply with quote

mate, its a gem, if you stuff it who cares. go 4 it! : )
dont forget to take pics incase it works mad and we all end up doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: