HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

quad throttles/ weight of diff. models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

gday,
just wondering if anybody has done a efi quad throttle bodied gem. i am considering a G200/180 DOHC conversion, but this will cost me about $3000 minimum to do (engineer, rego, brake conversion etc.). I am after about 100kw and was wondering if a normal SOHC G200 with efi, good cam etc would make this. Or if i could do quad throttles for about the same price. As then i can just rego it as a G200. I want efi as i do a lot of driving (~800km/week) so i need relaiability, performance and good fuel economy. Currently i get about 400km per tank in my standard 1600 gem, and i dont want to use much more than this. And also i dont want to turbo because of insurance problems.

Also does anyone now the different weights of the different model ie wagon, coupe, sedan?
turbs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

A guy i knew was running a race prepped g200 DOHC that had quad throttles and over 250hp. They make a bit of noise though but for that sort of power i think the guy spend about $8000 on his setup.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

100Kw is quite easy for a G200 SOHC. I'm making 107Kw @ the fly @ 5500rpm. single carb on stock but match ported and flowed manifold.

Do some serious research with engine builders who are cluey and have a good rep with 4 cyl. cars. Although the principles of making power are the same with any engone if you know what ur on about i guess.

Happy researching!
Adam
PS if u want basic specs on my motor visit www.geocities.com/mygemi
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

100Kw is quite easy for a G200 SOHC. I'm making 107Kw @ the fly @ 5500rpm. single carb on stock but match ported and flowed manifold.

Do some serious research with engine builders who are cluey and have a good rep with 4 cyl. cars. Although the principles of making power are the same with any engone if you know what ur on about i guess.

Happy researching!
Adam
PS if u want basic specs on my motor visit www.geocities.com/mygemi
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

I have about 110kw in my 1600 TF: EFI (delco unit), early head, cam, medium porting and shaving, extractors, decent exhaust. I don't know about economy ( never really checked), but dead reliable and very well behaved. a lot easier and cheaper than the conversion...
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

what kind of efi system are you running?
is it a rodeo/piazza manifold, does your fuel system just consist of a efi pump/filter/regulator or do you run a surge tank?
any info appreciated,
cheers.
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

Dont suppose that was a red motor owned by a guy named Jamie?
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

My engine is a G200 DOHC with quad throttle bodies.The efi and throttles will probably cost at least $3000 not including the engine. You mention 100kw is this at the flywheel or rear wheels.
Have a look at my site www.alphalink.com.au/~gem you can see some pictures of the engine and some specs.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

yah it is just at the flywheel, well probaly i want a bit more than this (~110kw). I am starting to think that with rodeo injection etc and cam/porting etc i should be avle to get this?
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: quad throttles/ weight of diff. models Reply with quote

most if it is from an astra/pulsar, but it is the same as the camira stuff. piazza runners/throttle and a custom plenum chamber. std fuel tank and pump feeding a surge tank (through filter) with high pressure pump going to the injector rail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: