HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Nikki conversion??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Nikki conversion?? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how much and where a Nikki conversion can be done in QLD??
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki conversion?? Reply with quote

Are you on drugs?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki conversion?? Reply with quote

take the round thing ontop of the engine off... take of a few bolts... hit yourelf on the head with a blunt object... put bolts back, put roung thing back and bobs your uncle

nikki conversion
total cost = $0
gabz20
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki conversion?? Reply with quote

hehehe funny shit.........
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki conversion?? Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by 'conversion' ? Are you asking how to put the Niki carb on something else, or are you talking about converting the engine in the the actual Niki to something else ? Or are you just trolling 2 B a smart-arse ? No offence intended at all, just want to clarify your question before you cop too much slanging from everyone.
Jasyn...
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

I remember reading that people have some standard carbs that they jetted for better performance... if I am making a complete fool of myself then tell me... sorry but I used the wrong word obviously!!

I know you are going to tell me to put a weber on but I haven't been able to find one for a reasonable prive and I am considering 'modifying' (jetting I think the right word is!!!) a standard carb so it looks stock but goes harder...

If anyone can genuinely give me a hand here on who can do this please let me know....

Thanks for at least trying Jasyn
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

I would suggest that there wouldn't be much in the way of rejetting options, that is why webers are popular, as they are made to be adjustable.
you should be able to pick up a 32/36 for abour $100, a 38 dgas for about 300 (or 500 new)
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki--heaps more power from one. Reply with quote

get yourself 3 nikkis.....rip apart two and remove the chrome plated jets- the power jets, correctors, bleeders whatever...the shiny threaded needle things,[one is and one isnt..look for exact matching jets...one chrome and one brass, grab the chrome ones.] and put the chrome gear in the nikki....i think you leave the idle jets alone though....

when its all said and done, you get a massive power boost over the standard nikki, but shithouse fuel economy....sit on 110 and watch the fuel guage go down rapidly.
tis clear as mud, but hope it helps.
i done it once, so if there's any problems, let us know.
cheers.
rob
tommop
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

Last edited by tommop on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

SEE IF I CARE,

but if you do you may learn a thing or two
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

you could always try your luck and go to a self-serve wreckers and pick one up for about $35.. i have seen several there.. even one on the g200 i picked up...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

If you are anywhere near Brisbane, then i can get hold of a name of a place that modified one of my mates Nikki's. They bore it out and fitted larger jets. From memory, they're in Redcliffe.
To clarify (and i only have extemely limited knowledge of carbies), the jets are a little tiny orifice that limits the maximum amount of fuel into the combustion process. By fitting larger jets, you allow more fuel to be part of the combustion. It's a little vague, and some people will most likely argue my explanation, but i only know basics of carbs (injection is a breeze) and am open to corrections to learn more. So it's hard for me to describe. Try Ben Wight, he has a decent amount of carb experience - but whether its with the Nikki's i dont know.
When it comes to simple questions, i can understand other peoples frustrations on this forum. But some of there reactions go a bit too far sometimes. But others, it down-right hillarious.
Happy to help,
Jasyn...
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

i have some questions on injection
can you do the fuel maps your self if you have a hand controller if so how hard is it to do
cheers nik
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

I wouldn't be the best person to ask about computers or the software associated with them, hardware is what i know a little more about.
Depends on type of computer and hand controller used. With Nissan engines, the HKS F-CON Pro V computer with hand-set can alter fueling and ignition. And plugs straight into your existing loom without mods. It starts off with a base for everything so you can get started on tuning to your desired specs straight away. It is hard to alter the maps as reading them can be a science on it's own to the uninitiated. It's always best to send this sort of tuning to a reputable dyno operater. As they can adjust while on the rolling dyno and know exactly what they are doing. If you have a Chiptorque franchise near you, take it to them. I've watched them tune engines before and it can get pretty intense trying to keep up - i was lost after about half an hour. Its when you watch these guy's in action, that you feel like you know absolutely zip.
Jasyn...
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikki JETTING!!!?? Reply with quote

thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: