HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Ignition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Ignition Reply with quote

Hi, I have a bosch electronic ignition setup with a gt 40r coil. Was speaking to a few people and they were saying i should run it without a resistor for more spark but on the coil is written 'use with resistor'. Anyone know if it would be safe to take the resistor off? dont really want to burn the coil out in the middle of no where.
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ignition Reply with quote

I say keep the resistor on man, resistors are put there for a reason, to stop excess power gettin thru, hence the name, so if you take it out, obviously more power is gonna get threw, but it's definitely gonna over heat or burn out. Especially over a long period of time running. Might even cause a fire, don't know. But to be on the safe side, keep it on there.
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ignition Reply with quote

I ran a GT40 R without the resistor for a couple of years with no problems. In general it is okay to do with the R coils. The resistor is there to extend the life of the points as they switch 9V instead of 12V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: