HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I've become a Mazda Baiter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: I've become a Mazda Baiter Reply with quote

I still love my Gemini BreadVan, but I just thought I'd leave a message to say that if anybody here would like a sensible car, or perhaps their folks or rellies or brother or sister needs one, then visit me at City Mazda, Port Road Hindmarsh, South Australia.

This is especially relevant if you live in SA!!!!

Anyway, think about it - wouldn't you prefer to buy a car from a dickhead you know than from a dickhead you don't!??!

This job is also the reason why I never say much on here these days - spend too many hours working and there are no computers at the dealership. Well, none that don't pre-date the Vietnam War anyway.

Cheers,

Dave
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: GO Go - gee gee 'Oh' Reply with quote

Does Mazda make those go go mobiles? If so can you get that fuckin idiot off the add in and I'll do a drive by. I fuckin hate that guy. G-o g g o - fuckin plonka.....
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: GO Go - gee gee 'Oh' Reply with quote

That ad was for Yellow Pages, and that old fuck was looking for parts for his Goggomobile, which had absolutely no affiliation with Mazda at any time, either here in Australia or in Germany where the marque originated.

You may be thinking of Mazda's 'Zoom-Zoom' advertising campaign. Can't say I like it, but I don't get a say in that.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: GO Go - gee gee 'Oh' Reply with quote

fuckin plonka??? lol
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: GO Go - gee gee 'Oh' Reply with quote

Wait till you see the new Shannons ad.. He's now looking for insurance for his gogo mobile
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: GO Go - gee gee 'Oh' Reply with quote

Noooooooooooo! Actually that might be alright cause I don't think Shannons will market themselves in Canberra.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: But it's a weee rippa!!! Reply with quote

And it IS the Dart!! LOL
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: No Actually...... Reply with quote

I wasn't thinking anything other than the fact that I hate that dopey fat, lard arse woofta!

'Zoom-zoom' is actually not a bad compaign - pity you lack any reasonable product to go with it???
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2c on Mazda's Reply with quote

I'd consider the S6 RX-7 at least reasonable, and the new SP20's are starting to grow on me - if only they had a turbs option. Pity they dont...
Jasyn...
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: darts vs gogo sed. Reply with quote

if the gogo in question has no roof, its a dart. if its got a roof, like the yellow pages ad...ITS NOT A FUCKING DART!!!
i was almost given a dart at 14, so i did a bit o research.
heaps of shit anyway....at least its not a Zeta....
rob.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My 2c on Mazda's Reply with quote

Mazdas make a quality vehicle, believe me.

But yeah, the 121 is boring (although the up-spec 1.5 version is waaaay funner than the 1.3), the 323 Astina and Protege are well built and well appointed and lack any of the character that made the previous model Hardtop Astinas so popular, and the 626, well it's a really nice car, but I sometimes bump into them in the showroom because they're so boring my brain factors them out.

In defence of Mazda, if I had my choice I would get an MX-5. Not for wank-factor either. I've driven them and they're a fucking joy to drive! They handle brilliantly (for a stocker), they've got good power for a non-turbo four and they're REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!!

They weigh fuck-all compared to todays cars (see useless fact below) and their gear changes make me cream.

We've got a 2000 model Wheels Magazine Heritage Edition with leather and wood inside and a brilliant Heritage duco coupled with a beige roof - instant classic and I wanna buy it. Not going to though. Who know$ why???

USELESS FACTOID
The current Subaru WRX is almost the same weight as a HX Kingswood. No joke.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: My extra cent on Mazda Reply with quote

I totally forgot, my ex-girlfriends mother drove a 626, instead of the 4 it had the v6. I was actually shocked at how well it went when she asked me to go down to the shops for a litre of milk. I had the fronts smoking like a crack-whore in Thailand (no offence if your a crack-whore from Thailand). The only gripe i had with it was being an auto, and when i went to redline it thru the gears it would change up on me automatically before i've even engaged 2nd. Other than that, the stereo pumped hard (i think the body was completely coated in sound deadening) and it gave a few rice boys a run at the traffic light grand prix.
Jasyn...
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: darts vs gogo sed. Reply with quote

Yeah, the Goggomobile Dart was a convertible with no doors or boot.

The regular Goggomobile sedan was almost as useless, but it had a roof. It was a sedan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: