HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Im confused!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iownagemi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

I just bought my first car, it is a blue tf. And i dont know anything about cars, and i pulled all the plugs off and put them back and the car doesnt work, have i put them on the wrong way and how so i put them on the right way. I have been reading the forums to find out anythin and i came across one about spark leads. whats a crankshaft???
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

if you dont know what you are doing and u are gonna play with your engine (generally not a good idea anyway but)

always mark the plugs and hoses etc with a marker so u know where to put em back, or draw a diagram or something

PS: i hope that post wasn't a troll cause if it was then i just wasted 2 minutes...
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

Welcome Bluey,
Here's a bit pasted from a reply by racegem a little while ago. Should help.
Take No.1 plug out and get someone to turn the motor over by hand with your thumb in the hole. When you feel the compression build up as you near top dead centre, the rotor should be pointing at the lead to No.1. The next one round on the dissy cap, anti-clockwise, is No.3, then 4, then 2.
(No 1 plug is the one at the front of the engine, the dizzy cap is the thing the spark plug leads come out of and if you open it up, the rotor is the little thing that spins around inside)plug the spark plug lead where the rotor is pointing into the no1 spark plug. The lead anticockwise of this goes to 3 and etc as above.
Go and have a look at http://www.howstuffworks.com/ under automotive to learn more about IC engines.
Cheers
iownagemi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

first of all, fuck u martin, if i knew where you were, i would go smack your face in. thanx for the info michael. its all good but the info you gave me says the firing order is 1 4 3 2, but on the site it says 1 4 2 3, which one????
thanks man
iownagemi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!!(I TYPED IT WRONG) Reply with quote

what i meant to say is that the info michael gave me was 1 3 4 2, but the site said 1 3 2 4, so which one is right??
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

a crankshaft is in the boot near the fueltank.... its what pumps the fuel up to the motor! it turns around and around hence the name 'crank'shaft....
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER IDIOT!??! Reply with quote

iownagemi - are you another big tuff internet boxer?? If so - please go away!! Martin offered you some valid advice and I would have said exactly the same thing.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

hope u can find it!!!
iownagemi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

haha very funny
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER IDIOT!??! Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, you ingrate. Next time go ask your husband.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER IDIOT!??! Reply with quote

heheh him and WLDSIX/dounutking11 would be good pals!! hahah speek of the devil i think we drove WLDSIX outta the site??!! hahah what a tool! i think he didnt want to tell us all how old he actually was!
gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER IDIOT!??! Reply with quote

i agree with u Mr. Momofan, thats the last thing this site needs is another "im so tough" person, there is absolutely no need for threats...
My advice for u "iownagemi" is buy a Gregory's Gemini Workshop Manual, it tells you everything, i learnt a fair bit from that good old book...
my 2 cents
kev
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

a crankshaft also determines the amount of onions there are in your motor, in your case there is NO ONION!!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

no kev.
the crankshaft is actually really called the noonionometer
thats where we got the idea for no onion because every 40 kms a sound lurks from the motor (might of been ur v8 monkey) and it sounded like NO ONION!
so maybe thats it.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Im confused!!!!!! Reply with quote

ROFL, you guys are complete and utter bastards... funny ones... but bastards never-the-less...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: