HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stereo!?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: stereo!?!?! Reply with quote

i tryed hooking up a head unit today, i got it to light up but it doesn't do anything, i hooked up the ignition wire and the earth/negative, speaker wires and antenna but i got nothing-no sound whatsoever, am i missing anything...i got a yellowwire which is for back up battery i think but i've also got a extra purple and brown wire what the f!@k r they for???
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: P.S stereo!?!?! Reply with quote

i got no instructions whatsoever with it, it was loose in the car when i bought it last friday....
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: P.S stereo!?!?! Reply with quote

run yoyrself a new wire direct from the battery to the new deck, the permanent power wire coming out of the deck should be yellow.... so connect it up to that....
the one to your ignition (sounds like u got it right anyway) should be red, earth is black etc etc...
run this new wire, and you will be set....

Matt
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: stereo!?!?! Reply with quote

Have ya got a Signal wire? don't know what colour they would be, but just use a multimeter and trial and error. Worked for me. have you got your yellow wire connected? Red wire should be ignition, yellow wire should be battery. Black ofcourse is the earth. Maybe a Blue or Grey wire might be a signal wire or even Green. Without the Instructions it's pretty hard to figure out whats what. If it lights up, then it should be working, maybe try and check that the speaker wires are connected right. I know it can be a little annoying to trace all the wires back. But ya should do it just to make sure, check fuses too. hope this has been some help
cheers
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo!?!?! Reply with quote

my advice, go to strathfield car radios, pay $50, they do the lot. its heaps easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: