HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

AHHH HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: AHHH HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

today i took off the tarp covering my gemini, i noticed some moisture residue stuff on the roof but it wasn't until later on in the after noon that i noticed the paint on my roof has completely fucked up! where there was moisture has now faded and is a lighter colour red than the rest of the roof, i've tryed to cut it back and polish again,re waxing it aswell but it still looks like shit, it's completely ruined my cars looks!!!! WHAT CAUSED THIS!!!???? i didn't take the tarp off until about miday so it had a bit of sun on it and i've got a pearl over the red base coat (it's pinky purple) but how the f#$k did this happen... any ideas??????? and any ideas on how to go about fixing it?????
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: AHHH HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I reckon the moisture combined with the heat has permeated thru the paint and it could be quite deep, which is why cutting it didn't work. It might come good just by leaving it in the sun for a while. but it could take longer now you've rewaxed it. Hope you sort it out Surprised(
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: thanks CuGem Reply with quote

thanks for the tips, how long in the sun do u think it'll take... couple of days??? what cheap mods can i do to the engine to give extra hp and make it a better engine???
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: anyone else got any ideas? Reply with quote

i really need to fix this, the roof of the car looks splotchy and it has completely stuffed the look of the car
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: anyone else got any ideas? Reply with quote

rub pizza toping on it.......
like cugem said, leave it in direct sunlight for a few days to let it all evaporat. if that dont work u might need a leter of paint and a spary gun?!?!?! nah, if it dont come out go ask a panel place what they think to do...
gene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: