HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

has anyone made these them selves?? i just started with one and its prittty dam easy if u ask me!!
so if anyone would like a workshop on the subject say so and i will take fotos through the makeing of the passanger door pod as i go.
cheers gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

yes please.... i've got fibre galss door pods in my tg, but wanting to redo them the guy who did them did a pretty shotty job, and they're a bit too big ,i keep kicking them when i get in...
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

yeah me threee!! i want to reshape a dash too., do that article dammit... NOW!! : )
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

sounds good mate, a workshop article would be great!
i think many people would use it!!!
Cheers,

Matt
tommop
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

Last edited by tommop on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: interesting Reply with quote

never thought of using fiber-g..... on my dash!! well in abour 6 weks i have 2 month holidays so u wil have a workshop for reshaing ya dash!! heheheh what shap though?????????
im nearly finished my 1st pod, im giving it to a mate of dads and he is covering it in carbon fiber!!!! how cool wil that look!!
gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

all i can say to that is 1: welder, and 2: METAL floor pan, not fiberglass
gene
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FiBeR-gLaSs DoOr PoDs...... AnYoNe????? Reply with quote

i second that metal is the way to go
fiber glass is only a quick fix not a good fix
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: interesting Reply with quote

well i will make it basically be more like a new stlye commodore dash, with that style of glove box. (i hate the standard one) should be good. ill either cover it in vinyl of try to smooth it MAD and spray it then just have a dash mat to stop glare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: