HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rotored gem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Rotored gem Reply with quote

Hey has any one seen, or driven, a series 6 RX7 twin turbo 13b powered gem. Would that motor fit in a gem?

Or is 190Kw to much grunt?
wAnnABeE gottaTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

some guy i was talkin to was probably bullshitting but he said a mate stuck a 13b in a gemi so it could be possible. he said the guy needed to handbrake to slow down Smile
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

190kw too much?? not for a gemi! woo hoo.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

i know a guy with one in a gemini van, 13b turbo, HARDLY engineerd or road worthy!! hehehe but fuck its fast! cherps 3rd gear bigger than i can 2nd!!!
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

My Mate is putting one in as we speak, 190kw isnt to much, you can never have to much!!
WAY2LOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

of course it fits!
190kw too much? never, u can never have 2 much power Smile
btw barb 9s has i think around 320 rwkw out of a 13b turbo, no wonder it trys to flip over all the time Smile
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

gene is that chaps n/name mellow? if so i've heard of him too Smile
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 430hp... At the rear wheels??? Reply with quote

Either someone's pulling your chain or that motor has had some SERIOUS work done to it!! Then again, Todd Wilkes (God rest his soul) got nearly a thousand flywheel horses from our good 'ol aussie bent eight!
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 430hp... At the rear wheels??? Reply with quote

I know of a guy with a rotor (13BT) that made over 600hp@rw. Also, summernats comes to mind with a 2.6 rodeo making around 550@wheels and twin turbo 350ci holden in a VS ute making 1070hp@rw.

The ute isn't very quick though, no traction.

Ben Wight
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

dunno his name?! raced him. hes a freind of a friend of some guys brothers uncles next door neighbour....... heheh u get it?
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

XB ventilated slotted crossdrilled rotors with HQ calipers on the front. It'll stop..
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Rotored gem Reply with quote

There was a supercharged coupe with a 13b from woollongong in the gemini fever or mania mag from a few years ago. I'll dig out and see if there's any contacts.
cheers
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 430hp... At the rear wheels??? Reply with quote

I was at a private tuning day here on the coast at Chiptorque headquaters, i was lucky enough to be chasing parts in the area when i noticed the Giacotollo on the dyno. Anyways, i mozzied over for a perve and soon got chatting to Todd and he invited me to watch. End result - 811.7KW at the rear wheels. I still remember the smile on his face once the magic numbers came through. R.I.P Todd.
Jasyn...
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: VS ute... Reply with quote

That was Todds before he put that motor into the Giocattolo.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VS ute... Reply with quote

No, it wasn't Todd Wilkes ute, it was some other blokes who knew Todd, he used Todd's intercooler and inlet manifold on his own engine and bought 2 monster GT turbos.

Personally though, I think anyone can do it if throwing money around like that.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: