HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

spring settling rate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: spring settling rate Reply with quote

i've had new springs in for around four months now, and only recently ie. within the last few days, i've started to notice that my tyres scrub the guards on full lock! never did before then....disappointed! How long does it take for springs to settle? this may be a good question for adam, or someone else in the know on suspension. the car was lowered 3"'s all round kings rears, and pedders front....sorry adam no whiteline....yet! i think that it may have something to do with the roadworks on the south east freeway south bound, (you'd know if you lived in brisbane at the moment) the road has big transitions from smooth to rough, in around 6 places, that i perhaps stupidly take at 100+ km/h. some of the transitions also have a drop of an inch or two. bang! anyway can anyone help? just curious, no biggie.
thanks everyone in advance, greg
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: spring settling rate Reply with quote

Mine took about 20mins to completly settle in. I just went to the hyperdome and drove over all the speed bumps and that settles em in good. but my springs only just fitted in thats why you gotta buy quality springs like mine
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: spring settling rate Reply with quote

lol at the speed bumps bit. what sort of quality are we talking (that ur running/using)? this was more or less just a bodgy effort, next time round i'll talk to adam and the whiteline chaps:)
thanks greg.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: spring settling rate Reply with quote

Its no bodg job mate. I cant tell my secretes but there was no dodggy shit done and there was alot of money spent
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: spring settling rate Reply with quote

cool. btw, i was calling my suspension bodgy...not yours! i aint the type to be throwing up gauntlet's in an imaginary world, like our neighbours over in car parts for sale. Smile keep on truckin mate. greg.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: spring settling rate Reply with quote

i will keep on trucking

honk honk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: