HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RAM Pod Filter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

Has anyone got a Ram pod filter on their cars? Are they any good? Are they Legal?
cheers
steve.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

Ive got one on my car and as far as i know they are legal. They are preety good as they give you more kw at lower speeds but at about 130 you will loose about 5kw but you gain a shit load at lower speeds.
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

Sounds good, i've got a weber ready to put on, but with all the other shit i have to do to get it on, is a bit to much for me, might just put on a pod filter, seems like a good way to go. thanx for the tip
cheers
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

Unless yours is a rally car, or live on a long dirt road, don't get a foam type. They're the best filtering on the market, but flow as good as a dirty paper filter. The best flowing air filters are the cotton type such as K&N. Although you pay big dollars for a K&N, you never throw them out. They also do replacement elements for heaps of different factory air cleaners including the Gemini. Or if you already have a chrome air cleaner with a paper element, they do them for those too. Those with EFI cars are catered for too with either the pod type or panel type. If anyone wants any Part Numbers, let me know.

Yonnee.
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

So your saying not to go for the Pod filter? But just out of curiousity how much does a pod filter and piping cost for a gem?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

one-----milion-----dollars, mwah--mwah--wmahahahahahahahah
cheers Dr- EVIL
nah realy gene
chow brown cow
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

$30
but why dont you just drill a heap of holes in your standard housing? that will let in just as much air.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM Pod Filter? Reply with quote

Hello Mr Racegem,

I would like part numbers/price please on a K&N filter to suit the filter housing I currently use. It is a Redline 9" diameter filter assembly to suit Weber 32/36 DGV.

At the moment I am using 2 standard filters, one on top of the other with a longer bolt to hold it all together. I would like a filter element probably 4-6" high, to match that of the sandwich I have setup now.

Thanx Smile
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Losing Power Reply with quote

Are you talking ram-air feed filter (ie filter facing front of car behind grill)? If you are and are running a carby, quite possibly youre leaning out at 130 kph and losing power because of this. This is not overly good for your engine.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Steve... Reply with quote

No, what I meant was if you get a different air induction setup, be it pod style or other, don't get the foam ones. As far as cost, it depends on what carby setup you've got on the car. From $50 upwards for the pod and whatever piping you put on.

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: