HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gem_piazza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

ok i found the nicest gem to buy but its an unfinished project with a piazza turbo engine in it, where on the gold coast can i go to get this engineered and how difficult is it to pass? also, how much would insurance b on a car with a engine conversion? thanks a lot for anything ok
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

Go and see the Rigoli brothers, they should help you out with any engineering issues. The last time i heard, they were in Labrador. Either that or check under engineers in the yellow pages. Parker Performance (i used to work for them) used to engineer and comply vehicles, but they've shut down due to stupidity.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

What was the stupidity you speak of ?
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

Rigoli as in 8 second 1200 ute, RWD WRX, IMBOSS, Dominique and Vince Rigoli?? they are in sydney. arent they? if there not then that is fukn weird!
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

That's the ones... I think it's V&S here on the coast, they are all brothers or cousins or whatever. And have companies all over, i think they're also in melbourne as well as sydney.
Parker Performance closed down because they were turning down jobs on cars that they could have made thousands on (custom exhausts etc.) because the owner didn't want to work on certain cars because he thought they were "japanese peices of shit". His market mainly consisted of V8 commodores. An aquaintance i went to TAFE with approached him to build a complete custom exhaust system including extractors for his supercharged corolla, the owner literally laughed at him and turned down a $4000 deal by saying "Sorry, we dont work on peice of shit 4 cylinder shit boxes!" What makes it even more stupid was that he was going bankrupt and needed as much work as possible. So yeah, he kinda had it coming and only has himself to blame for it.
Jasyn...
gem_piazza

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Reply with quote

does anyone know where this v&s place in exactly? would really help since im really looking forward to buying this car on the weekend. also, how much would it cost for it to b engineered and mod plated? like a rough estimate if u can. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: