HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rodeo 4ZE1 into Holden Gemini --(Adam Gibson)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 8:02 am    Post subject: Rodeo 4ZE1 into Holden Gemini --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I am looking for advice on fitting a Rodeo 4ZE1 2.6L motor into my 1978 TD Holden Gemini SL (RTS and 5 speed). The motor I am looking at buying has no ancilliaries what-so-ever, which is a bit of a bitch but at the price I would be surprised to be able to buy a reasonable warm gemini motor, so beggars can't be choosers.

I know from testing that the inlet and exhaust manifolds bolt onto the head, so that is a good sign, I am reliably informed that the gearbox bolts straight up, which is another plus.

Problem as I foresee now, distributor to brake booster clearance, I am told this is a problem, moving the booster would be one solution, but a lot of work, I was interested in maybe finding another distributor which could have its shaft machined to fit but any advice would be much appreciated.

Next problem, the fuelling issue, to run carbs or to go the full monty and go injection, carbs=easy, injection=better.
Any advice please.

Ok, minor points, which flywheel, starter and clutch combo is the go?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Rodeo 4ZE1 into Holden Gemini --(Dustin) Reply with quote

Hmm
i might be able to get hold of a 2.4 lt out of a rodeo
are the normaly fuel injected
will my cam fit (dont thinks so but not sure) and will a 2lt head bolt on
extractors bolt up so the heads must be similar
??????????????/
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:41 am    Post subject: Who reads these msgs --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

Anyone here make a habit of looking over the old messages?

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Who reads these msgs --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

not me!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: