HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VIC Restricted List --(Morgoth)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 8:39 pm    Post subject: VIC Restricted List --(Morgoth) Reply with quote

As an up & coming P-Plater in Victoria, and with the imminent purchase of a Gemini, and an Engine Transplant (drools over SR20DET), handling mods not being forgotten as well. If i do go for the SR20, or even an FJ20, the restrictions for vic P-Platers is a power/weight ratio of 125kW/1000kg, and, according to drive.com.au, the gem weighs in at around 950kg, give or take 10kg depending on the model. Anyway, is there any way of getting around this restriction on P-Platers? i know it's there for a reason (for people like me), but is there a way around this where i can register, AND insure it? I know i could just register it as stock, but i couldnt insure it in that case, could i? There's always my parents, but i doubt my Dad would like his Rating One to be blown because of me, and then i'd be up the shit, trying to claim insurance on a car that i'm not supposed to drive. Are there any alternatives short of filling the boot with lead? or reducing the power output of the motor. I saw on a video from fullboost.com.au, a gem running an FJ20 (at 27psi!), down calder's drag strip at 11.07sec, the video also indicates a victorian license plate, and also clearly viewable P-Plates.

Derek
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VIC Restricted List --(Dustin) Reply with quote

i saw the vid 2 and am in the same situatian as u r
i dont think u can get around it
but i am going to register as a 2lt turbo
and have just 3rd party
i think u could get away with it
just turn the boost right down if they want it dynoed
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: VIC Restricted List --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

I heard that if you get it engineered with a lower power output with proof (something like a dyno sheet I suppose) then they have to allow it. Or put lead in your boot and get it weighed, then take it to vic roads and explain to them how you have hadchassis and diff modifications done, and this is now how much it legally weighs.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: