HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Twin Turbo Gem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FURIAS
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Twin Turbo Gem Reply with quote

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on how i would do a twin turbo conversion on my gem. The current motor is a fully worked two litre with twin 45s i was wondering on the cost if i already has two t2 turbos thanks
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Turbo Gem Reply with quote

You would have to build a completely different style of motor with less compression and you t2 turbo's are way too small. You really need a t3/t4 hybrid to get the most performance.
Talk to Sam's performance or a shop that has played with gem turbo's
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Turbo Gem Reply with quote

i believe that you will get much better power from a single turbo, as geminis only have small motors and there will be a lack of exhaust if you split it up into 2.
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Turbo Gem Reply with quote

yes it could work,if u run low compression say 8:1,sell ur webers & use an import efi manifold with aftermarket computer,front mount intercooler with 2 inlets(1 from each turbo)and build 2 individual exhaust manifolds to each turbo,1 litre will spin a t2 alright,just dont run too much boost(ie if it starts pinging),that way u can get away with stock pistons & head gasket.thing is tho it wouldnt b any more effective than say a single t28.. might have slightly better throttle response but thats about it.b a good experiment if u already had the t2`s and they dont need rebuilding.......
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Turbo Gem Reply with quote

It would actually be awesome blowing through the 45's. It can all be done with only one major hassle. Physically fitting a pair of turbos (even small T2's) into the engine bay. One turbo would have to be way forward, and the other way back, both with little dump pipes.

If you could fit them in, they would offer supreme power, but for the hassle, you might as well fit a single T3, as the performance benefits would not be that great. A SH VL turbo spec T3 can be had as cheap as $400.

Ben Wight
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Turbo Gem Reply with quote

___
| |
| |
____| |____
| |
|____ ____|
| |
| |
| |
| |
|___|
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: