HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Window Seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Window Seals Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I was in Clarke rubber the other day and i got myself a boot seal, good as for 40 bucks, no more leaks Smile Anyway, i was looking at the other stuff they have there and they have bailey channel stuff there for 6 buck a meter. Would this be allright to put instead of my old shitty shrunken ones? I know new ones are like 70 bucks each, so this looks like a good alternative, but surely someone would have known about it before now? Thanks guys,

Jus
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

negatory on that one, the gemini moulded window seal/bailey channel rubber is to unusual in shape for an 'off the roll' replacement...

I've already got clark rubber door and boot seals, looks like I'll have to bite the bullet, grab my ankles and pay the $320 cost for new window seals.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

i had a look in clark rubber for door seals and the prices were between $7-15 a meter, so im just gunna get the rare spare ones which work out a bit cheaper than the more expesnive clark rubber ones, can anyone else who have clark rubber door seals tell me how much they paid for theres?
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

I got a new set from rare spares for mine and the buggers had already shrunk! Mastic held them for a while but they've shrunk even more and come away again Surprised(. So be warned!
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

Keep your old rubber on the window. Go to the wreckers and get another rubber. Cut the rubber on your car at the bottom and push the two ends away from each other as far as they will go. With the rubber you got from the wreckers cut a piece from the same area to the same length as the gap in the one on your car and just push the new piece in. You can silicone it if you wish. It will never shrink again Smile
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

just looks dodgy thats all Smile
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

does hey.

Have you guys heard the joke about the blown seal?
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

If you do it properly is doesn't look too bad. Its better than having a window rubber thats too small.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Window Seals Reply with quote

hey Amy, remind me to have a squiz at yours this weekend. Shrunken seals look shizenhausen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: