HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Timing up the shit --(Dustin)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 5:42 am    Post subject: Timing up the shit --(Dustin) Reply with quote

My Gem dosn't wanna start early morinings
i have checked the timing and it is retarded by about 5+deg
but as soon as i rev it to about 2000 it advances right past the scale the vacuam advance is not conected
is this the cuase
also with this fix will the car preform a lot better
i have a hotish cam 38/70
and a webber and a ported head shaved 40 tho

what sort of go can u get out of them 0-100 times or 1/4 ????
when the are dialed right in ?????
any help

old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 6:36 am    Post subject: Timing up the shit --(chucky) Reply with quote

Dear Dustin
Be careful with ya engine
ive just had some troubles with my gems timing, and now it has cost us heaps!
so please get it checked out!
or it may cost ya another engine!
chucky
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing up the shit --() Reply with quote

what happened to yours ??????
i alredy blown an engine
but i think it they way i drive it thinking it is a racing car and rev it past 7 grand
:)

thanx
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing up the shit --(Russall) Reply with quote

Hook up the Vac/Advance.
Just all of the basic checks aroiund the dizzy, points.ect..
To be honest I never had to touch the Dizzy on My gem so I can't be of much help, but I can tell you that my TE 1.6, with a 32/36 webber, 32/72 Crane cam and a set of Genies & 2" exhaust Did 0-100kmh in 9.8sec and 16.7 1/4 mile.
Mind you that was on a G-tech, not on a dragstrip..
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Timing up the shit --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

Yo timing is definelty up the shite. For starters, when ideling, you should be able to set the static ignition timing to about 10-15 degrees advanced. I dont know why you have yours retarded so far. And you should definelty hook up your vacuum advance, but not to the carby, hook it up to one of the vacuum ports on the manifold itself, just under where the carby bolts on, on the rocker cover side. This will give you full manifold vacuum advance at idle, smoothing out you idle and alowing you to back off your throttle a bit and thus increasing your idle vacuum.

Secondly, a gemini with your setup sould do low 16's if the bottom end is in good condition. About low 9's in the 0-100km/h. What sort of weber are you running? Do you have a decent exhaust, if not, this should be the next thing you look at, extractors or headers, 2.25 inch system with a straight through and a hot dog.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: