HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gem Cup Car

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

I'm after a Gemini Cup Car to start rallying in the QLD series. Does anyone have one or know of anyone wanting to move up from theirs? I have a couple of cars that I'm selling in order to get the race budget together so if anyone wants an EA Falcon that's better than an XR6 or a Toyota Sprinter that's had a bit done, let me know.
Shelstar
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

How much are you after for the Toyota Sprinter?
Where are you?
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

i remember seeing 1 in the trading post a
couple of weeks ago, under recreational vehicles, gemini series racing car no 22, top 5 running car, heaps of spares inc engine box and diff plus lap timer, ready to race $5000 lawton 38812587,
that was from april 4-10 issue, dunno if its still for sale worth a try
kizza
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

I know of one that has been gathering dust for a while in a garage near me, so it my be going for a better price.

Regardless your best bet would be to contact the series organisers and see what the grapevine has to say.
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

DATE: 03 Apr 2002
CATEGORY: Rally Cars
PRICE: $3,300
CONTACT NAME: Gary Tubb
CONTACT NUMBER: 0438 760 775
CONTACT EMAIL: tubbgary@bigpond.com.au
DESCRIPTION:
Qld Gemini Series rally car. TD 4 dr. Welded cage with CAMS log book. New Sparco seats, Terra Trip, Terra Phone, spares including wheels, tyres and panels. 6 months Qld rego. Must sell to finance Saloon car.

There are no pictures available
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

Where was this advertised?

Why not just build one Tom, that where half the fun is.
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: www.rally.com.au Reply with quote

www.rally.com
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

http://www.geminirally.org/
For Sale section.
Also have a look under Team GF Rallysport. That's a mates TD soon to be up for sale.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

About 5,500 for the Sprinter as it has just run out of rego.
I live on the Gold Coast, QLD
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I actually responded to that ad and it's a circuit car and would be too costly to homologate for rallying.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

Whats under the bonnet of the sprinter? not going to buy it I'm afraid but I'm working on a mate's sprinter at the moment.

Once he sells his AE82 rolla we'll use the money for it for the obligatory 4AGE swap.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

The sprinter has a 4A-GE with extractors/exhaust/pod filter.
It's the 88kw version with the TGIS inlet manifold which is a pain in the arse. Great for fuel economy but whatever you do, buy the 100kw version or the supercharged. Mine wouldn't pull the skin off a rice custard.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

As technical consultant on 'project becky'... I've been flipping between the silver-top 20 valve and the 4AGZE... I think in the end we'll have to go the supercharged motor with an eye towards turbocharging it in the future.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

Deadly serious question here, what is your budget for acquiring the car?

In my lounge room I have a man who has built more gemini racecars than probably any other, and amongst other things won the inaugural gemini rally championship.
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Gem Cup Car Reply with quote

By the looks of things I'll be budgeting around 3,500 for the car to get started. From the different ads I've seen that should get me a ready to race car with a few spares. If you have anything available please let me know. The reason I want to buy and not build is that it is far less expensive. If the bloke you know can build me one though I'd be interested in knowing what that would be worth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: