HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

turbo insurence?!?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

how the fuck do u guys get ya turbos/v6's insureed??????
i asked and they said we wouldnt even bother with the sr20 (turbo or not!).so i said what about a turbo gem engin?? no they said. a mate of mine with a 1200 datto ute that has a bodgy turbo set up that only has 90hpat the wheels cant even get his insured!
what have you guys done to insure ya shit?!?! as im doing a turbo of some sort to the coupe i need info cheers
gene
Dr_boom13@hot.....
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

Shannons I think it is called,

Cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

how much a year do u pay?? and whats ya exsess?? how old are ya(or the person it is insured under?)
cheers GeNE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

you get your car assessed once it's fully registered and compliance has been meet then they charge you on a case by case basis, all I can is it's not cheap but the only option,

cheers
Eggy
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

how much u pay?? just a ball park figure?!?!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you...

hehehehehe

I'duno yet waiting on quote,

cheers
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

Gene,
Ring around mate, interstate or even internationally, someone will cover you, at a good price.
"Just Car Insurance" is probably a good place to start...
my mate rang up and got a quote for insuring a new lancer with full aftermarket turbo setup and he's only 17 still on his 'p' plates, and they would do it... and thats full comp.
hope that helps
kev
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

As MR_GEMI said, ring Just Car Insurance they are part of AAMI they charge on how many mods you have plus they do third party fire and theft unlike shannons who only does third party so if the car gets stolen you get nothing back with shannons.
hope that helps
cheers

Simon M
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

Shannons gave me a quote for $1400 full comp.
19yr old, previous speeding fine, no acco's(big help), TF with 1800, piazza inj, turbo, 17's, dumped, seats, steering wheel, $2000 stereo, insured for $9,000. $900 excess.

3rd party was about $450.

Loz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

SWEET!!!!!! bring on the turbo!! heheh i was expecting $3000
shyt thats good at. double what i pay on the silvia but still
sr20 here i come!
cheers Gene
dr_boom13@hot.......
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

cheers for that! thanx everyone!
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurence?!?!?!? Reply with quote

just lie to em! thats what i did all they did was kicked the tyres and went yeah alright.. they reckon its stock as a rock!
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: What happens at claim time? Reply with quote

Matey_mate that's fuckin stupid - your probably paying them good money to insure your car - but the minute you try to make a claim they will check over every part of your car, even the size of your steering wheel will be checked (if it looks small) and they will try every way out of paying your claim - If you have done engine modifications and not declared them - they will pay you ZERO - trust me, I have two mates in the insurance game and they've worded me up on a few of the ways the try NOT to pay claims.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What happens at claim time? Reply with quote

yeah man he's not joking, it nearly happened to me!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: