HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Microtech computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Microtech computer Reply with quote

whats a microtech MT-8 worth brand new and second hand?
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Microtech computer Reply with quote

I don't know.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Microtech computer Reply with quote

You can get them for about $500 without the handset second hand.
And from about $750 - $1100 new depending on where you go and who you know. New handsets are either $150 or $200 cant remember. Its better to buy an mtx-8 though. Same price, more choice later.
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Microtech computer Reply with quote

cool thanks. i cant remember if its a mtx8 or an mt8. ill check. it comes with the handset and a bonus g180 EFI dyno tuned and ready for a turbo (8.3:1) with forged slugs and ceramic rings and heaps of other mods, cam, TX head not even run in for $1200. sweet, and its in a TC gemini which comes with the deal too!!!!
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: HEY Nick Reply with quote

If you don't buy that TC please let me know! Is it from Canberra? and did you see the CA18 Turbo front cut in the paper on the weekend for $1,200?
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: HEY Nick Reply with quote

Sounds pretty good doesn't it. Id buy it aswell. Where abouts is it?
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: HEY Nick Reply with quote

yeah its in canberra but i will not say its whearabouts unless i dont buy it. yeah i saw the half cut but this engine wont require engineering unless i turbo it further down the track
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: HEY Nick Reply with quote

Nick - are you sure it hasn't already been sold - I was talking to a guy from Isabella Plains the other day who was telling he'd bought something very similar for $1K?? And what do you know about engineering rules for us here in Canberra? Where can I go to find out etc....particularly rules for having V6 gem or 2ltr turbo, any help or directions would be appreciated.
Cheers
Dave
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: HEY Nick Reply with quote

post your email and I'll send you a list of all the auto engineers that are approved in canberra.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: HEY Nick Reply with quote

Oh cheerin - oakys@ozemail.com.au
Thanks Loz - but do you a copy of 'the rules'? so I know what I can and can't do??
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: HEY Nick Reply with quote

nickers@tpg.com.au.
i know of one engineer that i talked to about the 2.6L conversion i was going to do. he told me everything i needed to do to get it registered. so if you talk to an engineer about what you want to do he will be able to help.
and no its not the same engine. im taking it for a spin this weekend and if i decide to buy it then it will be dyno tuned. i'd say that ill get it as long as it runs well and everything is as it should be and goes well enough. also it will use shit all petrol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: