HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn:geminiking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

do you know why the stock box wont bolt up can they be modified because i have just bougt a g200 dohc and
it dosent come with a gear box
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

you shoulda asked here before u bought it...

the boxes dont fit up cause the starter is on the other side

apparently there is a way to do it and the internals of a standard gemini box will fit into the gearbox mated with the twincam

might be a matter of tracking down a dohc gearbox...

this is one of the reasons that i dont understand why no one wants to buy my car... all this work is already done for you... from the isuzu factory even
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

What Martin says is correct. You can actually bolt up a local g/box to the twin cam by modifying the flex plate a bit, drilling a few holes, etc, but you'd still have to run it without a starter, as it wouldnt fit. Pretty useless.

Or get a twin cam box. An empty one will do if you can score it cheaply, as the local internals will slip in, but it has to be 4 speed to 4 speed, or 5 speed to 5 speed.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

No such thing as a 4 speed twin cam box plod ....
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

thanks for the help geminking
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

I've seen them advertised here. So fuck off , idiot.

Also, you can take the internals out of a local 4 speed, put em in a twin cam box, and put a 4 speed rear cover on, so even if they werent available, you could potentially have one that way . Ever think of that? No, cos you aint that cluey. SLug brain. Get over your whipping , boy, and grow up.
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

Why would you bother with a 4 speed?
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

This is just another typical bullshit post from our resident bum bandit .. 1 min he says 4 speed to 4 speed and 5 to 5 then he say .. der you can put a 4 speed in the 5 speed case.. what a Hypocrite .. pull your face out of your boy friends pant faggot, you might be capable of reading a bit better ....
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

And here we have a nother first class example of why this guy is a complete jerk off. I said you have to use the relevant cover, you Tosspot. So if you put 4 speed internals into a 5 -speed, you use the 4 speed rear cover. Fuckwit. Yuo have no ability to comprehend at all have you? This is he dickhead who says there is no such thing as a 4 speed for a twin cam - I rest my case. Tosspot just got his arse whipped again.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

More lies this is what you said donutking I quote
"Or get a twin cam box. An empty one will do if you can score it cheaply, as the local internals will slip in, but it has to be 4 speed to 4 speed, or 5 speed to 5 speed." Unquote

show me where you said to use the rear cover donutking..
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

Think Adam's post has put you in your place.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

god the intelegance is just OOZING out of you isnt it ...
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

at least I can spell it properly, which is more than I can say for you, you uneducated illiterate westy yobbo tosspot.
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: attn:geminiking Reply with quote

And we all know whats oozing out of you, after you've been to Oxford St, dont we, fagboy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: