HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Help? Reply with quote

Just need a little help on gettin my single side draft weber on my car. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but the brake fluid filler is in the way, or does the carbie fit on, just a really tight fit?? Or do i have to do some mods to get it to fit. Is it easy to move the fillers down a bit?? any help would be great guys.
thanx
steve.
Doe
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

You need to fit the early TX single res to the shock tower. E-mail : mattyhope@eisa.net.au............he has one for sale...
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

The common thing to do is fit the whole TX system (booster, master cylinder and remote reservoir-you can't fit the TX mastercylinder to later boosters) Diesels Geminis also had the remote system, so if one of those is closer to hand(maybe those master cylinders fit the later boosters?? hmmm)... The other option is to tap lines into the existing master cylinder and I'm about to ponder this one...
Cheers
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

Too much hassle for me, i think. The webers are up for sale if anyone wants to make me an offer above $300 i'm in melb.
cheers
steve.
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

hey guys i've got the whole shooting match down here in Sydney

Let me know if your interested
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

yeah i'm wrecking a TX sedan too if anyone wants stuff like that blah blah blah
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

On the note of fitting the remote TX reservoir, can anyone tell me why it seems the TX model (in particular) did not brake as well as the later models?

My TX (and others I have driven) had a tendency to lock the rears up easily. My ex-gfs TD Coupe would brake hard without lockup and my TF is similarly composed under braking.

Cheers
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

Well if anyone wants to give me a TX brake booster and the fillers for free, then i'll come and get them, hehehe, As i have no cash, and i just wanna see how these webers go on my car.
cheers
steve.
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

Check which rear wheel cyclinder you have, as there are differnet size ones available. If i remeber correctley my friend ran bigger ones in the rear of his rally car to get more rear brake bias in the car.

The size of the wheel cyclinder will affect brake balance. Also check the proportioniing valve, could be faulty.

Matt
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

Yeah the proportioning valve was jiggered at one point, replaced it and it made a big difference. Still locked up the rears, but nowhere near as much. Had replaced the rear wheel cylinders, but unsure what size they were.

Not that it matters, my TX is in heaven now, rest its soul Smile
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Help? Reply with quote

yeah, the rear wheels on my tx alllllways lock up... its quite a dangerous thing to have... can this be fixed at all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: