HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Pistons --(Ashley)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:04 pm    Post subject: Pistons --(Ashley) Reply with quote

gday,
I need to rebuild my motor (1.6l) and I'm getting it rebored and need some good quality lightweight forged pistons. Does anyone know of a good brand to use?
Cheers.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Pistons --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

Forged pistons for a G161????
Wouldn't you be better off spending the extra money on a G200 and use good quality cast pistons (eg.Hyperteutic)?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pistons --(Ashley) Reply with quote

Yeah, but the G161 and G180 rev better than the G200, plus I cant be bothered replacing the motor. Overall an engine changeover is going to cost me more that rebuilding the one I've got. I can always do a Piazza front chop later on if I need some more neddies.
BTW does anyone want to buy a Nitrous Oxide kit for a Gemini? Never used, includes Nitrous filter and a carter fuel pump. Email for details.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pistons --(Paulo) Reply with quote

How much do you want for the nitros kit? Does it come with pipes and bottle? I would be thinking on adding it since i've just bought a 2L single cam off the Rodeo for $150 and i've just spend $400 to get the head rebuilt, new rings, main bearings, spark plugs, oil filter, etc. and all new gaskets! Mind you i do get them at trade price!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Pistons --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

You would be sort of wasting money on forgies when you could get like ACL's for less that will be as light as forged pistons without the price tag, and be kinder on your cylinder bores aswell. You sound lke you want to rev the thing hard so spend the saved money on a bigger cam and balance job, and the extra machine work to fit the cam. I cant think of any cheap light forged pistons. You seriously woulndt need them anyway unless you kept buring holes through your old set.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: